Long-time no speak!
It’s hard to believe that the first day of summer has been and gone already. I’ve read some reports of a scorching summer but, frankly, I’ll believe that when it happens.
Half way through the year and I can hear the corporate groans because it’s appraisal time. I often hear mini-groans when it comes to 1:1s. If you have a moment, here’s a quick webinar that will give you a few ideas. If not, some Top Tips below.
What will you be doing to recharge this summer? I shall be watching cricket and cycling amongst other things and I will definitely be switching off from the outside world for a few weeks. I do this regularly, with clients in meetings – we set our phones aside, breathe a sigh of relief and enjoy a hassle free day of clear-thinking.
Do keep in touch; I’d love to hear how your year is going.
5 appraisal top tips
- Make a review date and stick with it. What message are you sending when you cancel/postpone.
- Nothing will ever beat on-going quality conversations with your team.
- A sound relationship can survive candid feedback.
- Learn how to have honest conversations.
- Be consistent. Be fair.
Plan some time away from work!
A few websites to help you book that all important annual leave.
- check out top 20 deals and local deals
- a daily deals aggregator that gives you a good glance at top holiday offers
- last minute holidays offering an experience
- some great deals on upper end holiday packages